Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Day 8

Ok, the new eye patch method the eye doc showed me rocks my world. I was finally able to sleep last night through the whole night, and when I woke up this morning, everything was closed and feeling fine. The eye drops that were recommended, while not cheap, were certainly also awesome, and I will be using them in the day too. Tonight I'll get Preston to take pics of me while I make my eye patch so that maybe someone else out there can benefit from my experience.

I'm also thinking about getting him to take some pics with me making the same faces as last Tuesday so that we can get a week by week "progress report". People at work keep saying that I seem better to them, but I don't see it, honestly. It seems to me that maybe my face muscles have tightened up a bit, which may be causing my mouth to look less droopy, but there is no improvement in the paralysis, unless twitching counts. In fact, yesterday my eye seemed to be worse. I didn't really comprehend it at the eye doc (a strange thing I'm noticing with BP - often those around you are much more aware of your condition than you are, because you can't *see* what is happening to you, and everything *feels* off), but now I realize it was the case when I was there as well:

The eye doc says, "Wow, you've got it pretty bad. Close your eyes." Me closing my good eye. Her, "Yeah, your Bell's Phenomenon isn't even covering your entire iris. That isn't good." Me, "Oh, yeah, I can make it, see!!" Me closing my eye again, and consciously trying to roll my bad eye back in my head. Her, "No, sweetie, you can't." Seriously, because I thought Preston said that I could!!??!!

Anyways, I don't know if I was trying too hard or if I had already ticked off my eyelid that day or what, but it was the case when I got home as well - Preston noticed it too when I asked him. Today I'm noticing that when I'm going to manually blink (which isn't as much thanks to lovely eyedrops!), it feels like I almost have to pry the eye down to shut it - much more difficult than before yesterday.

Whatever that means!!

Hopefully some picture updates tomorrow.

1 comment:

Natural Herbs Clinic said...

Castor oil is extremely helpful in the Bell’s Palsy Natural Treatment. It lessens swelling and recuperates the harmed nerve. It fortifies the facial muscles and builds their flexibility. Warm some castor oil in a skillet. Drench a meager cotton fabric into the oil and apply it to the face. Spread the pack with wool to trap the warmth.