Monday, September 17, 2007

Day 7 - An Appointment with the Eye Doc

Well, I had been reading around on the internet that maybe I should get an appt with an eye doc to help manage my eye - you know, to make sure I don't ruin it. I thought more practically that perhaps I could get some gadgets to make life with BP easier, and perhaps an ointment that didn't make me want to claw my eye out.

If you have BP, *definitely* go see your eye doctor. Best dr's appt yet. Seriously. She showed me how to make an improved patch for sleeping, told me all the kinds of drops and ointments to buy (review here after I've tried everything), and even agreed to order me an experimental "moisture chamber" which she's never had anyone use, but that I want to try. Awesomeness.

I did already have a bit of damage to my eye, so she wants to see me back in a month to make sure I'm not killing it. Yay!! Someone who actually cares what happens in the shorter term!!!

Whatever ointment she put in my eye today totally works. I've been at work 3.5 hours, and no eye-clawing pain yet, woohoo!!

1 comment:

Natural Herbs Clinic said...

Castor oil is extremely helpful in the Bell’s Palsy Natural Treatment. It lessens swelling and recuperates the harmed nerve. It fortifies the facial muscles and builds their flexibility. Warm some castor oil in a skillet. Drench a meager cotton fabric into the oil and apply it to the face. Spread the pack with wool to trap the warmth.