Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Day 16 - Motivation and Weekly Pics

First I want to talk about motivation, religion, and Bell's Palsy.

I'm not a religious person, but I was raised in a religious family, and I live in a religious part of the country, so I've heard a lot of motivational/comforting/advising comments along these lines:

"Just put it in God's hands and trust Him to take care of you."

"We've got you on our church's prayer list, and the power of prayer will see you well soon."

While these phrases and others I've heard have been couched in terms that don't speak to me, I think that they are representative of some important lessons that can be learned about living with Bell's Palsy, and perhaps most other illnesses.

The messages that I heard were to stop stressing out about the things I can't change, and that there are people out there who love me and care about me who are hoping for my speedy recovery.

And aren't those really the most important things anyways?

Here are this week's pictures. I actually feel like I see more improvement in the mirror than I do in the pictures, but perhaps each tiny improvement feels like such a gift that I expect it to appear larger than it actually is.... if so, that is ok to. I'm excited about how far I've come and how fast, and I'm no longer scared about how far I have to go.

Smiling. Notice the corner on the Palsy side can point up now!

Angry face. Check out how I can move my eyebrow down!

And finally, something I just discovered last night: if I make the angry face, and then try to close my eye, it closes!! This morning I took my first goggle-less shower since September 11! (I still can't blink, but progress is progress!)

The bruised facial bones feeling is almost completely gone today, and I think I'm getting some feeling back in my face because I feel strangely aware of the dead feeling zone on my upper lip and nose and eye-corner area on the palsy side today. Again, this is progress.

2 comments:

Natural Herbs Clinic said...

Castor oil is extremely helpful in the Bell’s Palsy Natural Treatment. It lessens swelling and recuperates the harmed nerve. It fortifies the facial muscles and builds their flexibility. Warm some castor oil in a skillet. Drench a meager cotton fabric into the oil and apply it to the face. Spread the pack with wool to trap the warmth.

Leonardo DiCaprio said...

I recently have some difficult conversations and I did what a lot of people do when they want to know how to do something. I googled it. I came across Dr Williams herbal medicine on blog-site so many people with Bell palsy and dystonia thanking him about his good work. I also have dystonia. I wasn’t running all over God’s creation with every man I could find but here I am. I have felt bad about myself for so many years now because of my dystonia status. I obviously still have some self-accepting to do but I want to thank Dr Williams for everything he have done for me,after taking Dr Williams medicine i was completely free from cervical dystonia within one month of usage, I think what you are doing is so admirable. you have helped me a lot! I want to definitely reach out to you and thank you for your amazing work. You are a good person, and an extremely talented man. You have helped millions with your herbs, and have really inspired me,and i pray you still continue doing the good work.you can also email him on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help