Friday, September 14, 2007

Day 4 - Eye Woes and A Twitch!

Sleeping has been not fun so far with BP. The first two nights I tried taping gauze over my eye (paper surgical tape and standard gauze rolled up). The eye just doesn't want to stay shut and ends up open and staring at the gauze. This is actually really dangerous because I can scratch my cornea against the gauze. I feel like the real problem is that there isn't any pressure from the tape to keep the eye shut. So last night I went and bought a standard convex "pirate patch" from the local pharmacy. I placed a roll of gauze along the lash line of my closed upper eyelid and then another roll of gauze perpendicular to that along the inner corner of the eye for some pressure and put the patch over that. I woke up in the middle of the night with huge indentations in my forehead, but my eye was closed! I had an idea, though, and I replaced the gauze and then placed over that a pair of no-line underwear folded in half and then put the patch on top of that. This is definitely the way to go for me! I woke up with a closed eye, no lines, and more sleep than I've had since I got BP. Hey, I may be wearing underwear around on my face, but at least I'm sleeping!!

This morning I was standing in front of the mirror trying to smile at myself and the corner of my mouth twitched!! Just once, and I wasn't able to repeat it, but it is the first sign of life from the right side of my face since Tuesday!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like reading your blog. Three days ago I was diagnosed with BP and this is my third time getting it. I can relate

Natural Herbs Clinic said...

Castor oil is extremely helpful in the Bell’s Palsy Natural Treatment. It lessens swelling and recuperates the harmed nerve. It fortifies the facial muscles and builds their flexibility. Warm some castor oil in a skillet. Drench a meager cotton fabric into the oil and apply it to the face. Spread the pack with wool to trap the warmth.