Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Scars

After a bit of bruja-ness, I finally got to talk to the neurologist around 5 today.

She saw some scars in my brain. 2 or 3, very small, frontal and parietal lobes on the left side. She said if I was old, she would think that I had had a few very small strokes. She said because I'm young, she's wondering if I've ever had any head trauma.

I've never had any head trauma. I mean, Jared O. in high school flicked me behind my right ear once and I got a painful bump. I've also had a bump on my forehead that I don't even remember the cause of, but both of these were on the right side of my head. My mom wants me to tell the doctor that I was born naturally, then she said some words that I didn't understand, but that I understood to mean I came out fine and tested fine once I was out. Dad wondered if playing the drums in high school could cause it because of the vibrations (*seriously* - I love my Dad, but my bass drum did *not* scar my brain). I've never been in a car accident (fingers crossed, knock on wood, and all of that). Anyways, no head trauma.

Fine. She wants to run an ekg and some bloodwork to "make sure I'm not susceptible to this kind of thing". My interpretation? To make sure I don't have MS. Hey, you google brain scarring and see what you get!

I think the scarring is probably insignificant/unimportant (don't say "nothing" - there is something there, after all). Of all the things she could have seen in my MRI, other than nothing special, this would be my choice. I appreciate her thoroughness and will submit to additional poking and prodding.

Knowledge is so much better than a fear of the unknown. Now I can relax.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could it be? Actual evidence that HPL rots your brain?

Liz said...

here in England we don't get MRI scans for BP just a wks worth or antiviral and wks worth of steroids and told to go get better it may take up to 24 months but no promises :(

Natural Herbs Clinic said...

Castor oil is extremely helpful in the Bell’s Palsy Natural Treatment. It lessens swelling and recuperates the harmed nerve. It fortifies the facial muscles and builds their flexibility. Warm some castor oil in a skillet. Drench a meager cotton fabric into the oil and apply it to the face. Spread the pack with wool to trap the warmth.

Leonardo DiCaprio said...

I recently have some difficult conversations and I did what a lot of people do when they want to know how to do something. I googled it. I came across Dr Williams herbal medicine on blog-site so many people with Bell palsy and dystonia thanking him about his good work. I also have dystonia. I wasn’t running all over God’s creation with every man I could find but here I am. I have felt bad about myself for so many years now because of my dystonia status. I obviously still have some self-accepting to do but I want to thank Dr Williams for everything he have done for me,after taking Dr Williams medicine i was completely free from cervical dystonia within one month of usage, I think what you are doing is so admirable. you have helped me a lot! I want to definitely reach out to you and thank you for your amazing work. You are a good person, and an extremely talented man. You have helped millions with your herbs, and have really inspired me,and i pray you still continue doing the good work.you can also email him on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help