Monday, October 8, 2007

Scared - Update

I called at 8 when the doctor's office opens. I was told that the doctor is on a different campus today. They will check my file and call me back if she left a note.

I'm certain that she didn't leave a note. I'm certain that I'll receive no phone call today.

I'm debating calling the other campus, but hesitating because my file isn't there and she probably won't tell me anything because of that.

But I'm still freaking out. I can't help it.

A few years back, my Dad was going to have surgery to fix his intestines, which always seemed to be messed up (a trait I inherited). He had some routine pre-op bloodwork done and received a phone call from his doctor, who wanted him to visit a hematologist because something was abnormal about his blood. Dad got off the phone, looked at me and said, "Go get the medical dictionary and look up leukemia." Mom tried and tried to convince him to not jump to the worst conclusion, to just wait for the hematologist to see him, etc, but it was no use. Dad was diagnosed with leukemia by the hematologist. (But the kind where you have a relatively long life expectancy and they don't try to treat you - he is doing fine 2 years after diagnosis.)

But you see my point, right?

"Hi, Amber, this is Dr. K calling about the results for your MRI." Combined with "I'll call you if there is anything abnormal." even when that statement is paired with "Don't freak out if I call you." --> I'm freaking out. What if there is something really wrong with me? Not just that my face doesn't work, but really wrong? I know I'm supposed to not jump to the worst conclusion, and that there probably isn't anything wrong with me. She probably just saw... what?? What is good and abnormal in your brain?????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - I'm sure you'll be alright. Cheers.

Natural Herbs Clinic said...

Castor oil is extremely helpful in the Bell’s Palsy Natural Treatment. It lessens swelling and recuperates the harmed nerve. It fortifies the facial muscles and builds their flexibility. Warm some castor oil in a skillet. Drench a meager cotton fabric into the oil and apply it to the face. Spread the pack with wool to trap the warmth.