Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Day 35?

Ok, I give in. I'm not posting daily any more. This decision is a reflection primarily of how much better I am doing. I'm seeing improvements over days now, instead of daily, so there isn't always something new and exciting to say regarding the BP. I'm also improved so significantly that I don't think about the BP all the time and it doesn't seem to encroach upon every aspect of my life any more (and hasn't, since I started wearing the contacts again).

I do have a new ability, though! I noticed last Saturday that for a second there when I was brushing my teeth it almost seemed like the water wasn't going to shoot out of my mouth. It did anyways, but the next day it did less, and last night, hardly at all! So there you go, new trick that two-year-olds have mastered but BP takes away from you #1001: swishing water around in your mouth without squirting.

Still on the drawing board: winking with the palsy-side eye, crinkling my nose symmetrically, snarling symmetrically, and re-gaining full feeling in my cheek, and having my right contact track properly (someone suggested maybe my eyelids aren't holding it down the way they normally would??).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello - I'm starting an info hub on blogger about B.P. May I link to your blog?

bells-palsy-info.blogspot.com

Thanks,
Sarah Pabody

Amber said...

Of course!
--Amber

Natural Herbs Clinic said...

Castor oil is extremely helpful in the Bell’s Palsy Natural Treatment. It lessens swelling and recuperates the harmed nerve. It fortifies the facial muscles and builds their flexibility. Warm some castor oil in a skillet. Drench a meager cotton fabric into the oil and apply it to the face. Spread the pack with wool to trap the warmth.